BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Drawing 1

I can't draw ! That is usually the first thing that comes out of my student's mouths. My reply is I can't either. I put down on my support what I see.

What is drawing? A necessity as far as I am concerned . I can't paint without drawing first and I try to make my drawing as good as possible to relay my thoughts and ideas through the painting. Sometimes I have success and sometimes not. ( see slide show for not too successful) . But I don't really draw 

Drawing is making marks on a support to create an image, form or shape.(verb)
The image is also called a drawing .( noun)

To be a happy visual  artist, one needs to be comfortable with one's own drawing style. The way you draw something is as unique as you are individual. I firmly believe there is no right or wrong way to draw something as  you see it. There are rules if you wish to render things realistically.  I follow them when  I want to portray the subject realistically.  When I want to just do my thing I do that too. 

I said that my paintings in the slide show weren't exactly a success. Some people were disturbed and completely  trashed them. While others sang my praises. When I finished the paintings I was very happy at the time. When I looked at them two  years later I decided to redo them . The coloring is a little off, I could have painted the faces better, I should have added more detail, etc. So we will see what I come up with this time.   
But first we must start with the drawing....

0 comments: